Novice course or for experienced operatives using a harness & fall arrest when working on a construction site, demolition, quarry, waste and recycling industries.
Harness & fall arrest N723 course objectives
- Relevant Health & safety regulations
- Understanding operator’s responsibilities
- Hazards and danger in the work place, risk assessments, SSOW emergency & rescue plans
- Correct selection of harness and fall arrest equipment
- Pre-use inspection, and record keeping
- Fit & Adjust harness
- Correct removal and storage
- Theory test
- Practical test
- Course close & review
NPORS Photo ID card & Certificate, OR Construction Training Services Certificate.
Duration & Ratios
- Novice half days including test
- Ratio for training
- 1 x Instructor
- 10 x trainees
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying equipment it must meet current Health & Safety standards, have relevant LOLER certification (if required) and manufacturers manual. The site must meet NPORS standards for training and testing.