Novice or experienced course for operatives using abrasive wheels when working on a construction site, demolition, quarry, waste and recycling industries.
Abrasive wheels with practical cutting course objectives N301B
- Relevant Health & safety regulations
- Understanding operator’s responsibilities
- Hazards and danger in the work place, risk assessments, SSOW
- Types and uses of abrasive wheels
- Pre-use inspections, P.U.W.E.R records
- Pre-use inspection of grinding equipment, mounting of wheel
- Selecting correct P.P.E
- Correct cutting or grinding with dust control
- Safe finish and storage
- Theory test
- Practical test
- Course close & review
NPORS Photo ID card & Certificate, OR Construction Training Services Certificate.
Duration & Ratios
- Novice 1 day including test
- Ratio for training
- 1 x Instructor
- 6 x trainees
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying equipment it must meet current Health & Safety standards, have relevant LOLER certification (if required) and manufacturers manual. The site must meet NPORS standards for training and testing.