Novice course or testing for experienced operatives using a Trencher on a construction site & utility sector.
Trencher N203 course objectives
- Relevant Health & safety regulations
- Understanding operator’s responsibilities
- Hazards and danger in the work place, risk assessments, SSOW
- Machine type and uses, controls and safety features
- Use of Manufacturers information & Pre-use inspection, PUWER forms
- Safely mount & dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel & manoeurve it safely across varying terrain in open & confined areas
- Set machine up for trenching & carry out trenching tasks
- Loading material into transporting vehicle
- Safe parking of machine
- Theory test
- Practical test
- Course close & review
NPORS Photo ID card & Certificate, OR Construction Training Services Certificate.
Duration & Ratios
- Novice 3 days including test
- Semi experienced 1 1/2 days including test
- Ratio for training
- 1 x Instructor
- 3 x trainees
- Testing for experienced operatives
- 1 X Instructor
- 6 x Operatives Tests per day
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying equipment it must meet current Health & Safety standards, have manufacturers manual. The site must meet NPORS standards for training and testing.