Novice course or testing for experienced operatives who use a Skidsteer (wheeled & tracked) in a construction, recycling, waste, and Quarry industries.
Skidsteer course objectives N212
- Relevant Health & safety regulations
- Understanding operator’s responsibilities
- Hazards and danger in the work place, risk assessments, SSOW
- Machine type and uses, controls and safety features
- Use of Manufacturers information & Pre-use inspection, PUWER forms
- Carry out manoeuvre, extraction & stock piling of materials
- Loading of vehicles & hoppers etc
- Use of attachments
- Grading, use of 4 in 1 bucket (tracked only)
- Safe parking of Loading shovel
- Theory test
- Practical test
- Course close & review
NPORS Photo ID card & Certificate, OR Construction Training Services Certificate.
Duration & Ratios
- Novice 3 days including test
- Ratio for training
- 1 x Instructor
- 3 x trainees
- Testing for experienced operatives
- 1 X Instructor
- 6 x Operatives Tests per day
Training can be carried out on customers premises.
If the customer is supplying equipment it must meet current Health & Safety standards, have relevant LOLER certification (if required) and manufacturers manual. The site must meet NPORS standards for training and testing.