Dumber Course summary:
The aim of the Dumper course is to provide you with competent knowledge and a practicle skill level required for operation of Dumper machinery safely. Novice courses or testing for experienced operatives using a wheeled or tracked dumper on a construction site, demolition, quarry, waste and recycling industries.
In preparation for the test day, the operator will be taught how to perfrom necessary pre-start safety checks. These checks include anything from simple engine oil level checks to checking the tyre pressures. The candidate will also be instructed how to ensure that the dumper is operating correctly and basic maintenance processes. Most importantly the candidate will learn how to safely traverse across varying terains safely whilst loaded and empty.
The test also includes a practical assessment where the candidate will need to demonstrate their ability in handling the machinery to a controlled standard.
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for forward tipping dumper use
- Prepare the forward tipping dumper for use and operate safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Attach and set trailers, ready for operation
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Who is NPORS Dumper Training for?
Anyone aiming to operate a Dumper from novices to anyone looking to renew their skills and obtain a NPORS qualification along the way.
We offer a comprehensive Dumper course programme perfect for anyone aiming to be qualified to operate one in the workplace.
Enroling is easy, contact us to get your application underway today.
We currently offer the dumper course detailed below:
Forward tipping dumper (wheeled or tracked) N204
You can find our full course list here: Courses
Alternatively, please feel free to contact us with any queries you may have or to book a course.